This simple Lasagna Roll Ups dinner recipe is made with lasagna noodles filled with two forms of cheeses, garlic and contemporary basil. Topped with marinara sauce and melted cheese!
A FUN ALTERNATIVE TO REGULAR LASAGNA
These lasagna roll ups are a household favourite. They serve up so simply so everybody will get their very own particular person roll ups and they’re a bit much less messy than your conventional lasagna. This recipe will be put collectively pretty shortly. The longest a part of the method is simply ready for the lasagna noodles to boil. The opposite bonus to this recipe is it freezes very well!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
In fact! Simply brown and crumble a pound of floor meat or Italian sausage. You possibly can add some onions and inexperienced peppers in there too when you like. Season the meat with a little bit of salt and pepper. After you will have laid down the ricotta cheese combination onto every noodle, sprinkle among the meat combination onto every noodle and press it down a bit so it sticks into the cheese. Then roll up and proceed with the remainder of the recipe. When you have any additional meat. Simply combine it with the remaining marinara and unfold on prime of all of the rolls.
Sure! You may add one 10 ounce bundle of frozen spinach that has been thawed and squeeze dried or a handful of contemporary spinach.
You possibly can truly place these actually tightly collectively right into a 9×9-inch baking dish or unfold them out in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Leftovers needs to be saved in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. You can even wrap it effectively (to forestall freezer burn) and it’ll preserve within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- lasagna noodles – It’s essential that you don’t overcook these. In the event that they get tremendous smooth, they’ll disintegrate as you attempt to roll them up. Cook dinner in accordance with bundle instructions till al dente.
- ricotta cheese – I don’t suggest substituting with cottage cheese right here. I like cottage cheese in quite a lot of lasagna type recipes however cottage cheese is extra “moist’ than ricotta so it is going to need to squish out a lot simpler than ricotta and also you may discover it fairly tough to roll up and preserve the filling in.
- shredded mozzarella cheese – I simply use store-bought pre-shredded cheese however you may actually grate it contemporary. You should use as little or as a lot cheese as you take pleasure in.
- minced garlic – jarred or contemporary garlic is ok. When you have time, mince it up contemporary.
- contemporary basil – I used contemporary basil right here however you don’t should. You should use about 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- marinara/pasta sauce – my favourite is Rao’s roasted garlic pasta sauce. It provides a lot taste to this dish. However I do know it may be fairly dear so simply go along with what you take pleasure in and/or can afford. You can even make it from scratch with my recipe right here. Moreover, when you like quite a lot of sauce, go forward and buy a bigger jar.
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA ROLL UPS:
Boil lasagna noodles and prepare dinner simply till smooth sufficient for rolling. Whereas noodles are cooking, combine collectively ricotta, garlic, basil, black pepper and one cup shredded mozzarella cheese. At this level you can begin preheating your oven to 350F levels.
Take away the noodles from the water (letting them drip for just a few seconds) then lay them out facet by facet on a clear floor. Unfold the ricotta cheese combination evenly on prime of every of the 9 noodles. Roll up every noodle, making an attempt to verify nothing squeezes out within the course of.
Unfold round one cup of the marinara sauce into the underside of an 11×7-inch baking dish. Then place every roll seam facet down on prime of the sauce. Cowl rolls with the remainder of the marinara.
Then sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese. Notice: you may add as a lot cheese as you take pleasure in. Cowl dish loosely with foil and bake at 350F levels for about 25 minutes till warmed by way of and cheese is melted. When totally cooked, take away from oven and prime with contemporary chopped basil.
Permit them to chill slight then take pleasure in with some garlic bread and a facet salad!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Initially printed : Might 2015
Pictures up to date and republished: November 2023
Forestall your display from going darkish
Boil lasagna noodles and prepare dinner simply till al dente. Notice: observe the bundle instructions for make the lasagna noodles which incorporates salting the water. You don’t need the noodles too smooth or they will not maintain collectively whereas rolling up.
Whereas noodles are cooking, combine collectively ricotta, garlic, basil, black pepper, and one cup shredded mozzarella cheese in a bowl. At this level, go forward and begin preheating your oven to 350F levels.
Take away noodles from the water (allow them to drip for just a few seconds) and lay out facet by facet on a clear floor.
Divide the ricotta cheese combination evenly and unfold the combination down the center of every of the 9 lasagna noodles. Go away a slight border across the edges.
Roll up every noodle, doing all of your finest to verify nothing squeezes out within the course of.
Unfold round one cup marinara sauce within the backside of a 11×7-inch casserole dish.
Then place every roll seam facet down into the dish.
Cowl the rolls with the remaining marinara sauce
Lastly, prime with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Cowl dish loosely with foil and bake at 350F levels for about 25 minutes till warmed by way of and cheese is melted.
When totally cooked, take away from oven and prime with extra contemporary chopped basil. Permit to chill barely earlier than serving.
- Please check with my FAQ’s and ingredient checklist above for different substitutions or for the solutions to the commonest questions.
- Don’t have an 11×7-inch dish? You possibly can most likely place these actually shut collectively and match it right into a 9×9 or it really works in a 9×13-inch dish as effectively (they’ll simply be extra unfold out.)
- As an alternative of contemporary basil, strive some Italian seasoning. Use about 1/2 teaspoon. Or you need to use dried basil (additionally 1/2 teaspoon.)
- My favourite sauce to make use of is Rao’s. The roasted garlic taste goes amazingly effectively with this dish.
- If you’d like extra sauce, simply use a bigger jar of sauce. Identical goes for the mozzarella cheese; use as little or as a lot as you want.
Energy: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 35g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 17g | Ldl cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1395IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 566mg | Iron: 2.5mg
“The Nation Cook dinner” is just not a dietician or nutritionist, and any dietary data shared is an estimate. If calorie rely and different dietary values are essential to you, we suggest working the elements by way of whichever on-line dietary calculator you favor. Energy and different dietary values can range fairly a bit relying on which manufacturers had been used.