My favourite manner to make use of leftover turkey is to make a scrumptious pot of turkey noodle soup. It’s additionally a wonderful strategy to clear out your fridge!
Turkey Noodle Soup
Don’t throw out the turkey bones after Thanksgiving! Making selfmade turkey inventory with bones is the key to the best-tasting soup. I promise it’s simple! This Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is the right strategy to flip vacation leftovers right into a satisfying meal. With a wealthy, flavorful broth, tender turkey, and a mixture of greens and noodles, this soup is consolation in a bowl. For extra of my favourite soup recipes that will be nice with leftover turkey, do this Immediate Pot Hen Noodle Soup, Turkey Pot Pie Soup, and Tortilla Soup.
Why This Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe Works
- Straightforward: This turkey soup with egg noodles and greens is so easy. You don’t even need to sauté the onions and garlic. Simply throw every thing in a pot and simmer.
- Wholesome: This dish gives good fiber and protein with solely 131 energy and fewer than 26 grams of carbs.
- Nourishing: This heat, comforting meal gives a wide range of vitamins, corresponding to nutritional vitamins A, C, and Okay and potassium.
- Freezer Pleasant: This recipe for turkey noodle soup is nice for meal prep and freezing since leftovers reheat nicely.
- Home made Turkey Inventory: Make your personal inventory with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
- Herbs: Bay leaf, recent parsley
- Greens: Carrot, onion, celery
- Garlic: Mince two garlic cloves.
- Salt and Black Pepper to season your soup
- Noodles: I used No Yolks egg noodles.
- Turkey: You’ll want two cups of leftover shredded turkey.
Tips on how to Make Turkey Noodle Soup
- Fill a big pot with the inventory, bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer till the greens are gentle.
- Remaining Substances: Put the parsley, noodles, and turkey within the inventory, and cook dinner the pasta based on package deal instructions.
- Serve: Discard the bay leaf and serve sizzling.
- Hen: Swap turkey with leftover hen and hen inventory. You can too use the bones from a rotisserie hen to make inventory.
- Time Saver: When you don’t have time to make selfmade inventory, use low-sodium canned turkey or hen inventory or broth.
- Pasta: Use no matter kinds of noodles you have got. Rotini and elbow macaroni would work.
- Herbs: Add recent thyme, rosemary, or chives.
Tips on how to Make Turkey Inventory with a Leftover Turkey Carcass
Bones create a wealthy, flavorful inventory, and it’s simpler to make than you would possibly assume. There are not any precise measurements—use no matter is in your fridge.
- Add every thing to a soup pot: the leftover turkey carcass with any turkey meat, an onion, just a few stalks of celery, some garlic, herbs, and the rest you discover in your fridge.
- Simmer: Cowl every thing with water, put the lid on the pot, and simmer it on low for just a few hours.
- Pressure the liquid: Toss out the bones and greens, reserve the turkey, and begin your soup.
When you’re not making the soup straight away, refrigerate the inventory. Then, take away the fats from the highest. You should utilize this turkey inventory recipe as a base swapping the turkey wings for leftover turkey.
What to Serve with Turkey Noodle Soup
How lengthy is soup made with leftover turkey good for?
Leftover turkey lasts for as much as 4 days. So, I’d suggest making this soup a day or two after Thanksgiving, so the soup continues to be good for at the least a day.
Are you able to freeze turkey noodle soup?
Turkey noodle soup additionally freezes nicely, so when you have further, freeze it in small containers for as much as three months. You’ll be able to both thaw it within the fridge in a single day or microwave it straight from frozen.
Do egg noodles take in soup?
Sure, noodles take in the broth as they sit within the liquid. To reheat the soup, you could want so as to add a little bit further water or inventory.
Extra Leftover Turkey Thanksgiving Recipes:
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 3/4 cups
Fill a big saucepan with selfmade turkey inventory (or canned).
Add bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper to style and simmer 10-Quarter-hour, till the greens are gentle.
Add parsley, noodles and shredded turkey; cook dinner based on noodle instructions, about 5 minutes.
Discard bay leaf and serve.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 3/4 cups, Energy: 131 kcal, Carbohydrates: 25.5 g, Protein: 5 g, Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 57 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 2.5 g