Inside:Get a recipe for a filling,naturally candy peanut butter protein shake that’s filled with wholesome components and vitamins like calcium.
Want you and your children had a filling,protein-rich drink for the morning–that didn’t require protein powder?
I did too. So I blended collectively this Peanut Butter Protein Shake that makes use of only a few primary components and delivers 17 grams of protein per glass.
That’s nearly as a lot protein as three eggs!
This shake additionally entails a intelligent hack to make it naturally candy.
Components You Want
- Banana:I hold a bag of frozen,peeled bananas in my freezer on a regular basis
- Milk:Use your milk of selection,both dairy or non-dairy milk akin to soy milk
- Powdered Peanut Butter:You can even use 1-2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter,both pure peanut butter or common peanut butter
- Date:If yours aren’t pitted,take away the pit first
- Cinnamon:You’ll simply want a touch for a taste enhance
A Candy Smoothie Hack
One in every of my favourite methods to naturally sweeten a smoothie is with dates. They supply lots of pure sweetness,no added sugar wanted. However they are often powerful to pulverize utterly within the blender.
I received this nice tip from a reader:Soak them in a small,lined dish of milk in a single day. They’ll mix up a lot extra simply. You’ll be able to hold a number of in milk (in an hermetic container) in your fridge for the week.
Methods to Make This Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Add all components to blender and course of till clean. (You’ll want to mix it lengthy sufficient for a clean,creamy texture–you don’t need any banana chunks or date chunks left!) For finest outcomes,drink immediately. If you should retailer it within the fridge for later,give it a shake or good stir earlier than serving.
Swaps &Substitutions You Can Make
- Swap the dates for two teaspoons maple syrup
- Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to make a chocolate peanut butter shake
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter instead of the powdered peanut butter
- Add a handful of recent child spinach
- Add a serving of collagen peptides,a scoop of plain greek yogurt,or perhaps a dollop of silken tofu for a thicker smoothie
- Substitute sunflower seed butter (SunButter),almond butter,cashew butter,or one other favourite nut or seed butter for the peanut powder
FAQs About This Peanut Butter Protein Shake
How a lot protein does this shake have?
This peanut butter protein smoothie incorporates 17 grams of protein per serving.
What’s powdered peanut butter?
Peanut butter powderlike PBfit is constituted of roasted peanuts which are pressed to take away many of the fats after which floor right into a powder. Peanut butter powder can have a little bit little bit of added sugar and salt. Pure peanut powder,just like the one beneath from Loopy Richard’s,has only one ingredient–pressed,floor peanuts. These powders are sometimes stocked proper alongside common peanut butter within the grocery retailer.
Is powdered peanut butter wholesome?
Sure! Peanut powder has had many of the fats eliminated,so the energy are decrease per ounce than peanuts or peanut butter. So whereas it doesn’t have all the advantages of these wholesome unsaturated fat,it does include larger concentrations of protein and fiber,plus the identical nutritional vitamins and minerals in peanuts and peanut butter,in response to the Nationwide Peanut Board.
Is that this peanut butter protein shake recipe vegan?
No. However you can also make it vegan by swapping the dairy milk for non-dairy,akin to soy milk,oat milk,or almond milk.
What’s the perfect non-dairy milk to make use of?
In case you don’t wish to (or can’t) drink common milk,I’m keen on soy milk as a result of it’s naturally wealthy in protein,with as a lot protein per glass as dairy milk. You need to use unsweetened almond milk,however understand that it incorporates little or no protein–simply 1 gram per serving. Ditto for many oat milk.
How a lot protein do children want?
Beneath are the minimal beneficial quantity of protein for various ages. Bear in mind,these are simply minimums for well being. Most children get larger ranges than this,and that’s effective! See Right here’s How A lot Protein Your Baby Wants for age-by-age illustrations and 50 Meat-Free Protein Meals For Lunch Containersfor concepts.
- Ages 1-2: 13 grams
- Ages 4-8:19 grams
- Ages 9-13:34 grams
- Ages 14-18 (women):46 grams
- Ages 14-18 (boys):52 grams
Is protein powder okay for youths?
Sure,however it is probably not essential. Most children (and adults) get loads of protein every day. And protein powder could be costly and include lots of extra components with questionable profit,like natural dietary supplements.
However protein powder is certainly a simple solution to up protein consumption,particularly for choosy eaters. If you wish to add a scoop of protein powder to this smoothie instead of the peanut powder,you may definitely try this.
Extra Protein-Wealthy Recipes
- 1 frozen banana (peeled and damaged in half)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder (akin to PBfit)
- 1 date (take away the pit)
- 1 sprint cinnamon
- Put all components in blender and course of till clean.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages,I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy:294Whole Fats:7gSaturated Fats:3gTrans Fats:0gUnsaturated Fats:3gLdl cholesterol:21mgSodium:141mgCarbohydrates:45gFiber:4gSugar:31gProtein:17g