Make this spinach salad recipe to serve together with your favourite fundamental dishes! This contemporary spinach salad options seasonal fruit, creamy goat cheese, toasted pecans, simply sufficient purple onion, and the right quantity of French dressing. It’s completed with a drizzle of thick balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze.
This spinach salad is gorgeous, completely scrumptious, and vacation worthy. It’s additionally simply adjusted to the altering seasons, and easy sufficient to make on a weeknight. Hooray!
You’ll see raspberries in these images, that are fantastic. You’re not restricted to raspberries, although—this spinach salad can be equally nice with apples, pears, strawberries and extra. You’ll discover a full checklist of choices beneath.
I’ve created fairly a couple of inexperienced salad recipes over time, however not quite a lot of spinach salad recipes. Arugula, kale, romaine and spring greens are normally my contemporary greens of alternative. The opposite day, I attempted a spinach salad at a native French restaurant that impressed me to provide contemporary spinach in salads one other probability. Let me inform you, this spinach salad is price making! I like it and hope you do, too.
Seasonal Spinach Salad Toppings
This spinach salad recipe is proven right here with raspberries, but it surely’s simply adjusted to the altering seasons. Select the most suitable choice obtainable on the markets!
- Spring: Strawberries (about two handfuls thinly sliced)
- Summer season: Raspberries, strawberries, peaches or nectarines (one massive, thinly sliced)
- Fall: Apple or pear (one massive, thinly sliced), or raspberries
- Winter: Roasted root greens, like roasted beets, roasted carrots or roasted candy potatoes. Every of my roasted vegetable recipes fill a complete sheet pan, so that you’ll simply want a few handfuls and may have additional for an additional meal.
Watch Easy methods to Make Spinach Salad
Spinach Salad Serving Ideas
This contemporary inexperienced salad can spherical out any supper with a wholesome dose of greens. Strive it with hearty stews, pasta dishes, sandwiches, pizzas and extra. Listed here are a couple of of my high picks:
Extra Inexperienced Salads to Take pleasure in
Listed here are a couple of extra inexperienced salads to serve together with your favourite dishes. View extra salad recipes right here.
Please let me understand how your spinach salad seems within the feedback! I really like listening to from you.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 4 minutes
- Whole Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 6 salads 1x
- Class: Salad
- Methodology: By hand
- Delicacies: American
- Eating regimen: Vegetarian
Make this scrumptious spinach salad recipe to serve together with your fundamental dish! It options contemporary spinach, creamy goat cheese and seasonal fruit. Recipe yields 6 facet salads.
- 5 ounces child spinach
- ¼ medium purple onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 6 ounces contemporary raspberries or see word for added choices
- 1 tablespoon thick balsamic vinegar* or balsamic glaze, drizzled excessive
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ⅛ teaspoon advantageous salt, to style
- A number of twists of freshly floor black pepper
- Put together the French dressing by whisking collectively the entire elements in a small bowl.
- Toast the pecan halves in a medium skillet over medium-low warmth, stirring usually, till they’re heat and scent aromatic, about 3 to 4 minutes. Put aside.
- To assemble the salad, place the spinach and sliced onion in a big serving bowl. Drizzle in the entire dressing, and gently toss till the spinach is flippantly coated.
- Prime the salad with the goat cheese, toasted pecans, and raspberries. Sprinkle a couple of twists of black pepper on high, then drizzle the balsamic vinegar excessive.
- Serve promptly. Leftovers preserve effectively for a few days, coated and refrigerated.
Raspberry options: Thinly sliced apple, pear, peach or nectarine, strawberries, or roasted root greens, corresponding to beets, carrots, or candy potatoes.
Make it dairy free/vegan: Omit the goat cheese.
*Balsamic vinegar word: For a wonderful drizzle and impactful taste, you will need to use high-quality, thick balsamic vinegar (like Napa Valley Naturals’ Grand Reserve Vinegar—ensure you get the bottle with “25 stars” on it) or balsamic glaze/discount (DeLallo and Alessi make them). Or, make your personal balsamic discount with common runny balsamic!
▸ Diet Data
Did you make this recipe?