It’s almost time to raid the post-Thanksgiving fridge, babes! Whilst you’re pulling out containers of leftover turkey and stuffing, attain for Duke’s Mayo too, as a result of actually – is it even a sandwich with out the tang of Duke’s mayo? (Truthfully, probably not.)
Uncontroversial opinion: the BEST a part of Thanksgiving dinner is the leftover sandwich we’ll eat for lunch on Friday.
Certain, sitting right down to the entire pomp and circumstance of a tablescape, carved turkey, and piles of fixins is a marvel. However to be sincere, I wish to eat all that meals, chilly from the fridge, on the sofa in my sweats – which is EXACTLY what this epic leftover sandwich was made for.
Now the spotlight of this sandwich? Not simply leftover gravy. Not only a smear of Duke’s Mayo. Enter: GRAVY MAYO! Essentially the most savory, tangy mix of my favourite mayo and leftover gravy, together with a spritz of lemon and some tablespoons of recent chives. We’re making the sandwich simply messy sufficient to know we’re doing it proper.
Additionally we’re sending out a petition to make Gravy Mayo a year-round condiment.
Right here’s how!
Different’s in our sandwich collection with our associates at Duke’s Mayo:
The Collard Inexperienced Soften – a brand new New Orleans basic impressed by Turkey and the Wolf.
The French Dip Steak Sandwich – essentially the most beefy dinner sandwich with zippy horseradish mayonnaise.
My Favourite Egg Salad Sandwich – a comfortable sandwich with a secret ingredient.
Listed here are the elements you’ll have to make this mega Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich:
• leftover roasted turkey
• stuffing, chilly from the fridge
• cranberry sauce, additionally chilly from the fridge. I just like the sort of cranberry sauce with complete cranberries however you do you!
• purple leaf lettuce, which you’ll completely skip however I believe is a pleasant, recent crunch to the sandwich
• comfortable potato bread
• leftover gravy, and also you finest consider I make a triple batch of gravy on Thanksgiving to ensure there’s loads to make gravy mayo
• Duke’s mayonnaise and Duke’s mayonnaise solely
• soy sauce, lemon juice, and chopped chives to brighten the flavors of the gravy mayo
First, let’s make the gravy mayo. There’s no purpose we should always reserve unfold for Thanksgiving solely due to course, good gravy isn’t solely relegated to November however – this every year condiment is extra particular the weekend after Thanksgiving.
In a bowl, whisk collectively just a few beneficiant spoonfuls of tangy Duke’s mayo with chilled leftover turkey gravy, a splash of soy sauce, a squeeze of recent lemon juice, pepper, and a heap of chopped chives.
I like a thick potato bread for this recipe – comfortable pillowy slices that I depart untoasted for this specific sandwich. Unfold every slice generously with gravy mayo. Layer with lettuce and piles of chilly stuffing.
Layer the opposite facet of the sandwich with large bits of leftover turkey and a beneficiant unfold of cranberry sauce.
Press the sandwich collectively, with out hesitation, and use a knife to chop it in half. This sandwich is stacked! It’s the kind of sandwich that, when you choose you choose up, you can’t put down. It’s not an informal sandwich. That is the an entire vacation meal condensed between two items of bread so buckle up!
Essentially the most epic a part of Thanksgiving leftovers in a single mega sandwich!
For the Gravy Mayo:
For the Turkey Sandwich:
- First make the gravy mayo. We’re making greater than we’d like for a single sandwich as a result of when you uncover this life hack, you’re going to need this mayo on each turkey sandwich for now till eternally.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively mayo, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Add the gravy and proceed to whisk, figuring out any lumps to create a clean gravy mayo. Add the recent herbs and some cracks of black pepper. Style and regulate seasoning as you’d like.
- To assemble the sandwich, generously smear gravy mayo on each slices of bread for each sandwich you’re making. Lay lettuce throughout the highest facet of every sandwich, layer with stuffing, spreading to a comparatively clean layer. Prime the underside facet with turkey slices and cranberry sauce.
- If this doesn’t really feel proper to you, layer your sandwich nevertheless you’d like, in fact.
- Smash collectively, slice in half and revel in!
Key phrases: thanksgiving, leftovers, duke’s mayonnaise, the perfect sandwich ever