Learn to make a Biscoff pie crust with this straightforward 2-ingredient recipe. As thick and buttery as a graham cracker crust, however with additional taste from the sweetly spiced Biscoff speculoos cookies. You should use this Biscoff crust recipe for bar desserts, pies, cheesecakes, and extra.
For those who’re not acquainted with Lotus Biscoff cookies (AKA speculoos), they’re a European biscuit (AKA crispy crunchy cookie) with a particular caramelized, cinnamon-spiced taste. Which makes for a completely scrumptious taste pairing with so many recipes—like pumpkin cheesecake pie, banoffee pie, or pecan pie cheesecake.
The steps to make the Biscoff pie crust are precisely the identical as a graham cracker crust, minus the added sugar, and it conveniently makes use of precisely one standard-size package deal of Biscoff biscuits/cookies.
Many bakers, myself included, love cookie crumb crusts as a result of they add a pleasant crunch to pies and bars. They’re additionally worlds faster and simpler than conventional pastry pie crust!
You Solely Want 2 Components
- Biscoff Cookies: (Effectively, clearly.) This crust is made with 1 standard-size package deal (8.8 ounces or 250g) of Biscoff biscuits/cookies, which comprises 32 cookies.
- Butter: Melted butter binds the tiny crumbs collectively, and makes this crust style unbelievably buttery and scrumptious. You want 5 Tablespoons (71g) of butter.
The right way to Make a Biscoff Pie Crust
Begin by grinding up the cookies. You should use a meals processor or blender for this, however should you don’t have one, simply put them in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You need actually high-quality crumbs, so pulse or crush till you might have sand-like crumbs with no massive chunks.
Pour the crumbs right into a mixing bowl and stir within the melted butter. The combination shall be thick, sandy, and coarse.
Urgent the Crust (Success Ideas So Your Crust Stays Put!)
The ratio of components is vital, however what issues most is the way you press the combination into your pan. The approach you employ could make or (fairly actually) break an incredible crumb crust:
- Don’t be nervous that it’s crumbly: The combination inevitably feels too crumbly as you begin urgent it into the pan, however once you begin making use of strain, it’s going to stick collectively.
- Use your arms first: Press the underside and across the sides with medium-firm strain till the crumbs aren’t transferring round anymore—you don’t need any unfastened crumbs. You should use a small flat-bottomed measuring cup to assist clean out the floor.
- Don’t pack too tightly: The crust must be compact, so it doesn’t crumble aside, however not so tight that it bakes into a tough, dense crust. You actually simply need to pack it till the form has set and it’s now not crumbly.
- Preserve it rounded if making a pie: This sounds a bit odd, however you don’t desire a proper angle on the backside edges the place the edges and the underside meet. As a substitute, you need it somewhat bit rounded so it stays linked once you slice into it—so the aspect crust doesn’t instantly separate from the underside crust. Slide a spoon across the within the crust the place the edges and backside meet, to get that rounded form. I do that once I make graham cracker crust, too.
I like to make use of my thumb on one hand and 4 fingers on my different hand to go across the prime and sides.
FAQ: What Measurement Pan Does This Match?
You may press this Biscoff crumb crust into an ungreased 8-inch, 9-inch, or 10-inch pie dish, cake pan, springform pan, or sq. pan. It’s not sufficient for a 9×13-inch pan. For those who’re making a 9×13-inch dessert, I like to recommend you 1.5x the recipe.
FAQ: Do I Must Bake This Biscoff Cookie Pie Crust?
Sometimes, sure. After shaping into your pan, this crust ought to be baked, and the period of time actually is dependent upon the recipe you’re utilizing, and whether or not it’s a baked or a no-bake filling. Test the pie or cheesecake recipe you’re utilizing for crust baking and cooling directions.
I often pre-bake this Biscoff crust for 10 minutes at 350°F (177°C) earlier than including a filling. For those who’re making a no-bake pie/dessert: cool the crust earlier than filling it, except the no-bake pie recipe you’re utilizing instructs in any other case.
You could possibly additionally make this Biscoff pie crust with the identical quantities of gingersnaps or vanilla wafers. For a simple Oreo crust, see my Oreo crust information. For a traditional graham cracker crust, see my publish on the way to make an ideal graham cracker crust.
Strive This Biscoff Crust With:
Most of the recipes linked above name for a graham cracker or Oreo cookie crust. You’d simply substitute the crust in every recipe with in the present day’s Biscoff crust, and observe the identical baking directions.
Use this recipe and my shaping strategies detailed within the directions to make an ideal Biscoff cookie crumb pie crust.
- Use a meals processoror blender to grind the Biscoff cookies into high-quality crumbs. You too can place them in a zip-top bag and crush them into high-quality crumbs with a rolling pin and a few arm muscle. You should have about 2 cups crumbs.
- In a medium bowl,stir the Biscoff crumbs and melted butter collectively till mixed. The combination shall be thick,coarse,and sandy. Attempt to smash/break up any massive chunks.
- Pour the combination into an ungreased 8-inch,9-inch,or 10-inch pie dish,cake pan,springform pan,or sq. pan. With medium strain utilizing your hand,pat the crumbs down into the underside and up the edges to make a compact crust. Don't pack down with heavy pressure as a result of that makes the crust too exhausting. Merely pat down till the combination is now not crumby/crumbly. Tip: You should use a small flat-bottomed measuring cup to assist press down the underside crust and clean out the floor, however don't pack down too exhausting. If making a pie,run a spoon across the backside “nook” the place the sting and backside meet to assist make a rounded crust—this helps stop the crust from falling aside once you lower slices.
- For a baked dessert,pre-bake this crust per your filling recipe’s instructions. I often pre-bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (177°C). For a no-bake dessert,cool the crust utterly earlier than utilizing,except your filling’s recipe instructs in any other case.
- Make-Forward &Freezing Directions:It’s freezer pleasant! Freeze the ready crust in your pan for as much as 3 months. Thaw earlier than utilizing in your recipe. For shorter storage,maintain the ready crust within the fridge for as much as 3 days earlier than utilizing in your recipe.
- Particular Instruments(affiliate hyperlinks):Meals Processor| Glass Mixing Bowl
- What Measurement Pan Does This Crust Match?Use an 8-inch,9-inch,or 10-inch pie dish,cake pan,springform pan,or sq. pan for this recipe. It’s not sufficient for a 9×13-inch pan. For those who’re making a 9×13-inch dessert,I like to recommend 1.5x the recipe.
Key phrases:biscoff pie crust